- alert: Generates a pop-up ALERT box. This provides information and visitor clicks on OK to continue.
- confirm: Generates a pop-up CONFIRM box. This gives the visitor an OK or CANCEL choice.
- document: Refers to the current document or page displayed.
- for: Used to LOOP or repeat.
- function: This is kinda like a mini program. It is an area that carries out a small set of instructions to produce a certain outcome or result. These are usually found in the HEAD area of the code.
- if ... else: A comparison situation. IF something is true THEN do this ELSE do this.
- location: Specifies the current location of the page within the browser window or frame.
- name: Used to give a "name" to a specified object for reference.
- prompt: Generates a pop-up PROMPT box. This asks for visitor input.
- src: Stands for SOURCE. Tells the command to "look here" for the specified object.
- status: Refers to the STATUS bar along the bottom of the browser window.
- var: Stands for VARIABLE. This is where the algebra lessons come in handy. Variables are temporary storage units for a specified object or value.
- window: Refers to the current window in operation.
If the comment is just one single line, two forward slashes // are used.
If the comment is multiple lines, forward slash star /* is used to start the comment and star forward slash */ is used to end the comment.