Events are the reactions to a visitors actions. The most commonly used are the onMouseOver and onMouseOut events. These are used for creating image changes when the visitor points the mouse over them. Here are all the other EVENTS and what they react to:
- onAbort - Visitor aborts current page loading.
- onBlur - Object visitor just came from.
- onChange - A change in the current application.
- onClick - Visitor left mouse click.
- onError - Script encountered an error.
- onFocus - Visitor creates object as active.
- onLoad - As the page loads up.
- onMouseOver - Mouse cursor over an object.
- onMouseOut - Mouse cursor off an object.
- onSelect - Visitor content selection.
- onSubmit - Visitor SUBMIT on a form.
- onUnload - Visitor clicked off window.
A bit more detail
- onAbort: Activates a specified command if the visitor cancels the current page loading.
- onBlur: When the visitor clicks onto another window or area causing the current window to become the "less important" one or the background one. This is the opposite of onFocus.
- onChange: When the visitor clicks on an area, changing the current event. The best example of this is a drop down menu. The visitor clicks on a title, and gets transferred over the the corresponding page or site. The onChange is when the choice was made.
- onClick: When the visitor clicks on an area. Works similar to A HREF. Can be used to create a multiple effect at the same time during one mouse click.
- onError: I don't know much about this one, but I believe it reacts to whenever a script error occurs.
- onFocus: When the visitor clicks onto a window or area causing it to be the current window or "more important" one. Opposite of onBlur.
- onLoad: When the page or other part of the site has been activated to load for viewing. This is the opposite of onUnload. Some people use this to post a "Welcome" message as their page loads in.
- onMouseOver: This activates a specified command when the mouse cursor passes over a specified area on the screen. Usually used for swapping images.
- onMouseOut: This activates a specified command when the mouse cursor leaves the specified area on the screen. Also usually used for swapping images.
- onSelect: This activates a specified command when the visitor chooses a particular option.
- onSubmit: When the site contains a FORM type area, this will activate a specified command when the visitor clicks on the SUBMIT button.
- onUnload: When the visitor decides to leave the page by clicking the X in the upper right corner or types in a new address in the browser bar, this command will be activated. Some sites have a popup message saying "Thanks". This is the opposite of onLoad.